The five-year Integrated MBA or BBA/BBM/BMS + MBA is a comprehensive management programme that aims to prepare a candidate for managerial job profiles from Class 12 onwards. Integrated MBA is a combined course of management studies from undergraduate to postgraduate level.
One may ask, that if I can pursue business management at PG level after graduating from any stream then why Integrated MBA? While any UG degree+MBA is as useful as Integrated MBA, the latter has certain benefits one can’t overlook. Candidates pursuing a five-year integrated BBA+MBA have a certain advantage in terms of syllabus. In the five-year programme, no courses or subjects will be repeated. Candidates will progress to advanced levels of management education after two years. In case of pursuing MBA after BBA, candidates will have to repeat core subjects.
Also, a five-year integrated MBA saves the candidate from appearing for entrance exam and selection process twice (at UG and PG level), saving one year that goes into preparation of CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, etc.
Different institutes/universities have different selection criteria for BBA+MBA programme. Some of them conduct their own entrance exam, and some accept centralized entrance exam score. There are many colleges which offer seats on the basis of merit only. A candidate planning to pursue BBA+MBA must keep a few things in mind.
Points to Consider While Choosing Intergrated-MBA Programme:
- They must be very clear about their career goal and interest from the beginning, as Integrated MBA is a five-year course; and for five years they will study only business administration. So in case a candidate has interest in a specific fields like Finance or IT/Operations, he/she should opt for BCom, BTech at UG level.
- Currently, very few reputed universities and colleges offer Integrated MBA, hence the aspirants must select the college with utmost care and foresight.
- Several IITs and engineering institutes offer B Tech+MBA dual programmes. The combination of B Tech and MBA is one of the most sought after ones in the job market. The candidate who chooses this combination at Class 12 level, he/she will have an upper-hand later on.
- While choosing a college for the Integrated MBA programme, the candidates must ensure that the admission process is once and not twice (after completion of first three years).
- Also, they must check the syllabus and semesters of all the five years to have a better understanding of what they will study during the course, and that the syllabus is not repeated in UG and PG level.
Top Institutes Offering Integrated MBA Programme
Candidates who have passed Class 12 or are awaiting their results to choose their field of study from courses after 12th in commerce, five-year integrated MBA is one of the better options. Here’s a list of a few popular institutes/universities which offer BBA+MBA: